Saturday 19 September 2009

Some hints to improve your English:

Hello guys!
My name's Gustavo, aka "Guto", I'm 22 going on 23 and Brazilian.
To begin with, I think English is the most important language to learn at this moment, especially in the context of globalization.
I wonder, what's the most important English skill? What skill must you have to communicate well? I'd say it's fluency! What's fluency? Fluency is the ability to speak and understand a language quickly and easily, without translation. Fluency means you can talk easily with native speakers and that is our main goal here. I'm beginner like most of you and I'm here to exchange some experiences.
Luis is an excellent teacher, he's brilliant! I really like his method and his books. So, to have a good teacher like him is a good start. I'm so proud to be one of his students!
I think to be a fantastic English speaker, you must learn English with your ears, not just with your eyes, it's an ideology of a North American teacher. In other words, your ears are the key. The best listening must be understandable and repetitive, both of those words are important. You must hear a new word and new grammar many times before you'll understand them instantly.
Increase your learning time and also your listening time. Use iPod or MP3 player. Listen to movies. Guys, that way you'll learn English faster!
Another great idea is to read a good English dictionary that brings some slangs and most used expressions by natives and then your speech will sound like theirs. I do that and it really works!
Read them, make phrases, practise more and more. Your English will come along like mine.
You have tried the old ways, now it's time to try something new!
Good luck! I wish you success with your English learning!
'Til next time!

Gustavo

No comments:

Post a Comment

For English Classes or Language Swap


msn: perry7770@hotmail.co.uk

skype: genius7001

Barnes Method English Books and Audio